We are at the start of some very exciting and important changes to how we handle credit card data. There will be much more on this to come, but for now we are announcing that we are working with the Spreedly.com platform to dramatically enhance our payment processing capabilities.
For Show Management, you can expect the following over the next month or so.
1. Dramatic Expansion of our supported gateways. We will go from supporting 4 gateways to 50 or so.
2. PCI Compiant, Gateway Independant Credit Card Vault — Our new partner will allow us to store cards in a secure manner for future charges. When this is in place we will be moving all cards to this vault, and expunging the data from 4D. This is a requirement for us.
3. Allowing multiple payment methods per RTO — We currently only store one card on file. We will be able to store an unlimited number of cards per person.
4. Allowing (even requiring) that online entries come in with a valid form of payment, even if you don’t require deposits.
For ShowGroundsLive.com customers, we are also introducing a number of exciting features:
1. Access to stored cards during entry process or checkout process — Currently we never store card information on ShowGroundsLive.com. We will now be able to do this securely, which will allow customers to access their cards and use them to put in entries or make payments.
2. Payment method portability — We will also be allowing customers to use their cards to make payments at any show facility. This will make it much simpler for a customer to make payments at a show company they haven’t attended in the past.
As part of the expansion of our payment services we have immediate availability of the Stripe.com gateway for processing payments. We’re very excited about Stripe and believe it makes a great processor for many smaller organizations or smaller shows.
We have made some technical improvements to support a Daktronix Galaxy 32X128 scoreboard.
Enhancements to Live Class page
We have made some enhancements to how information is viewed for live class results. On the class detail page, we now display jump detaiis when a person “rolls over” the information with a mouse or views info on a touch screen.