The User Roles module was developed within our web site ShowGroundsLive.com as a way to provided more granular security for users on the ShowGroundsLive.com. This is used to by us to give administrators at show companies the ability set permissions for their employees. Once a show company has an administrator with this ability they can for instance allow a user to use the Web-baed Order of Go tool.
Roles – There are several roles that can be set. At present only a few of these are used.
- Show Company Admin – This is a user or users at a show company that has the greatest amount of control. This type of user can set up other users for their show company.
- Ingate/Announcer – This type of user can use the web-based order of go tool to set orders for some or all shows.
- Secretary – Currently not used
- Show Management – Currently not used
- Show Administrator – Currently not used
To give a user a role for a show company follow the following steps
- Login as a Show Company Administrator – If you currently don’t have these permissions and think you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select User Roles from new Admin Functions on left navigation
- Click “Add” to add a new user role
- Enter email address of the ShowGroundsLive.com user that will have the new permissions. If they are not a current user they MUST REGISTER FIRST.
- If they are a user their name will appear.
- Select Role
- Select All Shows if they have this privilege for any event, or select the individual shows they have this permission for.